Google+ gaming opinions?Posted: April 27, 2012
Has anyone who reads this silly blog done any D&D type gaming via google+ or similar platform? How did it work?
I’m particularly interested in your opinions on:
- Issues of scheduling for more long term games — did the same players always show up, was there a rotating cast of characters with a mix of ‘visitors’ and ‘regulars,’ or was every session a new gang tossed together at random? And which did you like and why?
- How did you schedule games?
- How did you share info both during and between games?
- During game did you use IM or something similar to ‘pass notes’ to one player without the other players knowing about it?
- How did social interaction via google+ or similar platforms work out?
- In terms of ‘the game experience,’ did you have a ‘board’ or diagram of some kind to help players envision the space or did you just use “talking?”
I’m considering something for the distant future when elements of real life settle down a bit, but am only at the ‘info gathering’ stage at this point.